BEYOND BEAUTY


Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

I'm intensely addicted to matte, bright, lasting and intense lip colors (especially pink, coral and orange) this summer so expect a lot of reviews. My friend Lui Castaneda introduced me to the world of NYX and this was my first purchase so I would to review this unique kind of lippie!!
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul
SRP: PHP 200-300
Availability: ABS-CBN, Cabana (Nail Spa), online shops!

(+) I really like the idea of a lip cream. I think that definition goes like this - not like a lipstick that's too intense in terms of coverage - which is perfect for those who wanna achieve that really soft look
(+) Packaging is also good! It's like a lipgloss tube only that it contains pigments than gloss

(+) As per swatch below,tThe lippy is not too bright when dark so I would still go for my MAC lippies for intensity but for a soft look this is OK.
(+) But the consistency is not too bad as you can see below.
(-) The brush of the product will tend to provide inconsistent application (see the middle mark) unlike a lipstick as you can see below so make sure you apply generously.
swatch of NYX Soft Cream Matte in Istanbul without flash
(+) Using flash and on my lips, you can see that the soft pink matte was achieved and is perfect for summer!
(+) Coverage is Ok but there's slight feathering
(+) Matte! Really matte achieved through a cream that's easy to spread.
(+) This is impressive because I think that for a pigment to be visible like this, it has to be thick and drying but this one is not so much
(+) Not too drying though my dry lips made my lip line visible. On OK lip skin type, I tested this and it was Ok
swatch of NYX Soft Cream Matte in Istanbul with flash
(+) No weird smell
(+) Affordable!!!

(-) My only problem is the lasting power. It couldn't stay on my lips for quite a while especially this shade. I asked feedback on the darker ones like red orange and there was slight problem on this as well.

Overall, I would recommend this for people who are trying to shift to matte lipstick for a very soft look. While I think it suits my lips in terms of the color and it's a relatively good product for consistency and finish, I would still go for lasting matte's because it's actually one of the things I consider in this type of lipstick. =( Nonetheless, I'm really interested to try the other shades like dark orange.

What do you think?

2 comments

  1. I also have this in istanbul, tokyo, antwerp and san paulo. but my personal favorite is antwerp so suggest you try it :)

    ziainprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


BEYOND BEAUTY