BEYOND BEAUTY


Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

L'Oreal Paris True Match

In the L'Oreal TVC, Jennifer Lopez said that True Match wasn't her first (meaning, foundation), but for me it was and have been ;) Seriously, ever since college (or early high school), up until now,  this is my go-to and everyday brand in terms of tints and let's see why...

VIEW MORE BELOW




SRP: Liquid (PHP 995), BB Cream (PHP 725), Concealer (PHP approx 500), Two-Way Cake Foundation (PHP 995; refill is PHP 795)
Availability: Leading Department Stores

Below you can see how many bottles of my favorite from the line which is the liquid foundation, I've used. I kept even the early packaging of this product and you can see how it has evolved.
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review
L'Oreal Paris True Match Liquid renovation
They now even changed it to color gold!
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review
L'Oreal Paris True Match Liquid renovation - notice the gold pump!

 (+)  I like that the True Match has a wide range of colors - there are 33 skin tone shades globally but in the Philippines it's more select but you'll see later that doesn't even matter. My usual shades are from the G family because I have yellowish undertone but I usually make it a little bit darker with N4 (meaning neutral) to cover my imperfections perfectly and use a lighter foundation but the ideal scenario is really to have the exact tone swatched on your jaw line(not arm). If the color disappears, that's the perfect shade and L'Oreal Paris has that.
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review
L'Oreal Paris True Match Liquid and Powder Foundation
(+) As mentioned, I won't discuss the color in detail but you can find your color through this match maker, but if you want it to be really perfect, go to your nearest department store and swatch.
(+) I will focus now on the quality of this foundation line. At first, it's less creamy than the usual foundations. The texture is just silky smooth. And from the not-yet-blended swatch below, you can already see that in terms of texture, it really copies the skin's, detail by detail, covering each pore but letting it be seen.
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review
Swatch of L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation in N4 - 2 coats, with flash
(+) What I like is that it is super blendable, now below Im using a color that truly matches my tone from the Ivory line.. As a makeup artist, I love how I can even blend foundation on the face because it's that easy to apply, blend and match.
(+) Based on below, you can see that the finish is natural-looking, and quite dewy which is perfect for dry and combination skin.
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review
Swatch of L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation in N4 - 2 coats, with flash
(+) But I have oily skin. And the reason why I still use this is that it has Hyaluronic acid which is very good for giving moisture that's still needed when you're oily. It's doesn't dry the skin which usually happens with too pigmented foundations and this is really perfect for everyday wear, together with its ability to protect from the sun with SPF 17.
(+) With powder, I was able to make it matte and really full in coverage. Focus on the right side of the picture below, and see how the final finish made the lines disappear yet with a not-too-thick effect.
(+) The consistency of this product is really good - actually quite like air brush
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review
Swatch of L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation and Powder Foundation - 2 coats, with flash
(+) In terms of coverage, I like that it can be adjusted because of its texture. It can look very light, but you have a full-on effect.

best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review


(+) With the before and after comparison, see how the foundation concealed the pores, blackheads, pimples, and treated my uneven tone with a healthy-looking effect that's impurity-free.
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review
Swatch of L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation in N4 - 2 coats, with flash
(+) It doesn't cake, crease and build on lines especially on the parts of the face that has more muscles and lines.
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review
Swatch of L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation in N4 - 2 coats, with flash
(+) I also like that it doesn't feel heavy at all! It's like you're wearing nothing.

(-) My only problem is its staying power. And since I'm quite oily, I would need to retouch every 3 hours to maintain it for a full day of wear. Nonetheless, this is and will be my everyday foundation.
(-) Also, you need to dry the liquid foundation and there is really a need to put powder on top to stay it in place.

Now this technology is transferred to a BB cream which addresses the need for BB creams that aren't too white because as I've mentioned in my last entry on how to choose BB creams, it should disappear and have harmony with the skin.

L'Oreal paris True Match Skin Idealizing BB Cream
(+) It's creamy-liquid at first, and looks like you can really blend it really well.
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review bb
Swatch of L'Oreal True Match BB Cream - 2 coats, with flash

(+/-) Now the color disappears! The new product only has one shade but it copied exactly the color of my skin!!!!!
(+) It has a dewy effect with a really soft and silky texture that moisturizes the skin. Perfect for those with dry skin especially with Hyaluronic acid too which promises 24-hour moisture.
(+) Consistency is Ok, and coverage is light but gives a healthy-looking effect.
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review bb
Swatch of L'Oreal True Match BB Cream - 2 coats, with flash
(+) But what I really like is this: It won't appear too white indoor or outdoor, especially with flash. I think that this is one of the best BB creams when rated in this way. I would usually put foundation on top of it like here to balance the whiteness at first especially with flash (and you can notice that in photos!)
(+/-) Instantly, skin's imperfections are concealed without looking too made up. While it won't cover everything unlike the Magique BB Cream of L'Oreal with a transforming ability because of its light properties, this is one is more for the natural girls ;)
best foundation l'oreal paris true match swatch review bb
Swatch of L'Oreal True Match BB Cream - 2 coats, indoor (with flash) and outdoor
L'Oreal Paris True Match Concealer for a thicker coverage but it doesn't make the eyes or areas needed to be concealed to cake and appear white.

Overall, I think that nothing still tops this foundation line in my experience in terms of good texture and color. I recommend it to girls who want natural-looking color and texture, especially for girls with dry skin. This is still my everyday wear because it doesn't feel and appear too thick and made up. Except for the BB cream which is very outstanding but probably not for me with my imperfections (I would still prefer Lucent Magique by L'Oreal), I would repurchase everything.

4 comments

  1. wow! I love the results <3 I think I prefer the BB one as the coverage looks more polished on you and I rarely use foundation din kasi ^_^ Nice review as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! yep, nice that a BB has that kind of coverage =)

      Delete
  2. I got surprise last night, when I'am buying this product "True Match Foundation" have changed it to color gold! and now I know it's a real from L'oreal lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to buy True Match Foundation, is it that thick? Can I use it everyday?

    ReplyDelete


BEYOND BEAUTY