Life in Color

Friday, August 24, 2012

"I do my best to find some kind of glow. I'm giving it some heart and soul, now from the darkest grays.  The sun bursts, clouds break, this is life in color." - One Republic


Because it is indeed the colors that save me from all the black's and gray's of life. These are my colors and I will not stop wearing them until I achieve my goals and purpose.
*photo with creative filters
Eye Color: (see below)
Eye brow: Majolica Majorca Lash & Brow Colorist
Mascara: Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus
Falsies: Shu Uemura
Eye liner: (upper) Laura Mercier Smokey Effects Kohl in Black Purple, (lower-inner) Majolica Majorca Cream Pencil Liner in Black
Lip Color: Shiseido Shimmering lipstick in Rouge Irise
Cheek Color: Smash Box Blush Rush Passion

I just love One Republic! I discovered this song from the TVC of Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection for Women and I just can't stop playing this music everyday!!
In detail, re the colors, I used (l-r) blue, pink, violet, purple and yellow - all the colors present from the Ralph Lauren collection because I just love them!!!
All of them very high in shimmer and color properties!
From left to right also, I used the BLUE from ELF Cosmetics Complete the Look Set, PINK from the Tony Moly quad, Dark Purple from The Face Shop lovely Me:Ex, Light Purple from Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes quad, and the YELLOW from the The Face Shop lovely Me:Ex
And I included, the #2 Ralph Lauren which i'm currently road-testing now ;)
In mixing different hues, make sure they have the same textures to make it whole (e.g. all of them shimmering). As for the arrangement of colors, I used the purple and blue as the darker ones in the inner, and going outward, I used the pink and yellow.
The dark purple liner (which is slightly darker than the eye color) from Laura Mercier made it more dramatic.

Looks like a rainbow!
I really love the purple-blue-pink combination!
With lashes which has the same color as the eye color (except for the red)! I made sure that the eye color stroke is horizontal to contrast the lashes which is vertical.
Did you like it? What colors would you use if ever? ;)

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Beautiful colors! Really love how you do your eye makeup Mikki! :)

    1st Blog giveaway! (^_^)
    Go and support and join me here!
    #ChaiChenGiveaways (International)
    Chai's December Birthday Bash - 1st Giveaway! <--click this!
    Win shoes, clothing, and accessories worth around $88 from Asianvogue Shop, FlauntPH, and Bedazzle Accessories!

    New Post Up:
    Doctor Snow's Papaya Milk Effective Hydrate Whitening Mask - Product Review

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. New follower here. :)

    xoxo
    EVA
    Whatever Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and following Eva!! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love the false lashes,, kaso medyo mataas ng konti.. but you rock the look! Love itttt! :))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, quite heavy kasi haha Thanks Eyah!!

      Delete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here