Where the Boats Go

Friday, August 24, 2012


Sometimes, there are moments wherein I feel like, dull, lackluster and well, quite bored and sad. Thanks to the invention of glitter / shimmer makeup because it just makes me feel good, sparkly and  dreamy whenever I put these magical stuff in my face. And there are many types of glitters, so let me share with you how I use, layer and play around with them ;)
photo with creative filters
Here are the products used:
Eyebrow: Majolica Majorca Lash & Brow Colorist + Bobbi Brown eye brown pencil in brown
Eye Color: Laura Mercier Creme Liner in (Indigo) + BYS Intense Pigments Palette
Sparkle Powder/Glitters: Bobbi Brown Sparkle Powder in Veil, Bobbi Brown Sparkle Powder in Lilac, BYS Glitter Cream, Shu Uemura
Falsies: Flutter Flase Eyelashes
Eyeliner: PAC Liquid Eye Liner in Baby Blue
Cheek Color: L'Oreal Paris True Match
Base: L'Oreal Paris Lucent Magique Foundation
Lip color: MAC Heroine + ShiseidoPerfecting Rouge Lipstick in 320
Lip Gloss: Mac Dazzle Glass in Rags to Riches

So the focal point is the eyes, but I used different colors so my rule is to use the same texture -  shiny, shimmering splendid on face, lips and eyes.
photo with creative filters
I came across another favorite song, well an instrumental one from M83 which I think suits what I've done with my eyes. ;)


So let's start! First, use a base (meaning, something that the glitter and shimmers can hold on to) and for this look, I used Laura Mercier eye creme in Indigo which was intense and placed on top a bright blue eye shadow from BYS which created a magical intense shimmery effect as below.
Now I used 4 different products with different levels of sparkle, size of glitter, intensity, density, color and overall effect:
(l-r): Shu Uemura, Bobbi Brown Sparkle Powder in Lilac, BYS Glitter Cream, Bobbi Brown Sparkle Powder in Veil
On top of the eye color, slightly above the eye color, on the crease, is the Shu Uemura sparkle powder which is greenish and pigmented with fine particles. You can also see below the eyes (on the eye bags area), that I used Bobbi Brown Sparkle powder in Veil which wasn't not pigmented and was super fine to make the area a shimmering whole and just lifted.

Now the larger glitters I placed in the inner corner and above the crease to intensify the effect and make the eyes pop out.

Finally, I placed Bobbi Brown sparkle product in Lilac which has a 3D effect (quite blue then purplish) on the eyelids, on top of everything to put a different dimension under a different light as you can see below (and can;t be seen when using flash)
I added extra BYS shimmers which has big particles under the eyes to create more dramatic effect, but you can skip this part.
How many colors of glitters/shimmers can you see? ;) On top of all the eye colors and shimmers, I placed a colored eyeliner with the same texture and color from PAC which stood out from all the products.
I wore this to a party and I was super confident to flash my eyes! Now for the lips, I used a matte lipstick under and placed a super shimmery-glittery lip gloss from MAC which I'll review soon!
So if you want extra extra drama, use flasies and put some glitters on top.
Hope I was able to make you dream with this LOTD too! ;)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I LOVE Bobbi Brown's sparkle eyeshadows and the veil luxe powder! Sparkle perfection! <3 Emily

    http://theskinnybyemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's super fine and luxurios! ;) thanks Emily!

      Delete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here