Emerald Harmony

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Because I just love the spring 2013 colors and the color of the year (Emerald) that Pantone released for 2013! Emerald symbolizes harmony and balance that is something that I wish for the new year. I think more than anything, achieving the middle point in everything is the right way to do things. So I decided to make an LOTD with Emerald as themain focal point.



*photo with creative filters *headband from Anagon
Eye Color: Emeraldish 'Night Fever' color from Nars Night Series Mini Palette, African Violet from Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes
Eye Liner: Laura Mercier Kohl Eyeliner in black Violet
Lip Color: Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color in Angelic
Falsies : Shu Uemura
Eye Brow : Benefit Medium BrowZings Brow Shaping Kit
Mascara : Lancome Hypnose Doll eyes

Below is the complete roster of colors for 2013 from Pantone. I loved the African Violet and as you can see below, I mixed that with the Emerald color of my eyes which looked nice!


I extended the violet color in the lower eye area.
I also placed a purplish-red falsies at the end of my lashes to make ir more dramatic. Love the studs!
 Can you spot the Violet eye lining? The Kohl liner from Laura Mercier is so creamy and good that it didn't mix with the eye shadow!
 I'm just so excited for Spring because of these colors!
 Hope you liked it!




And because of this, I'm loving these palettes! The nars has the blue to green colors that i need. The Majolica (lower left) has the green - violet pastel colors and the Lancome one (lower right) has the greens too!
I also used these to two beautiful girls in my house: my mom and sis. For my mom I used the Emerald from Nars combined with the Dusk blue there.
 Our lips are also in Linen color from the nude Laura Mercier.
*photo with creative filters
 As for my sister, I used the Jade color from Majolica combined with the yellow-green hue from Lancome to achieve the tender shoots color. I used brown for her eyeliner to achieve the soft look.
*photo with creative filter
What's your favorite color from the Pantone? Happy New Year everyone!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I'm seeing full of greens!!! :)
    Love it! Hello polka dots! Really great! :)

    Happy new year Mikki! :)
    PS: When you find time, please reply to my email re: the giveaway hehe. Excited to get Monshu girl and Cocktail shoes. :)

    Thanks so much! Have a blessed 2013 ahead.

    ★♡ 1st 2013 Post Up! (^_^) ♡★
    Looking Forward to a Better 2013 ... Happy New Year to Everyone!
    My new year e-card and a few throwbacks!


    ❤ ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting Cherise!

      Delete
  3. Love all the makeups, Mikki!! :)

    Gem
    gemnikkaonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ang galing galing mo mikki!! sometimes i wanna copy you but i cant do it! ikaw lang may magical powers when it comes to make up :)


    Rovie
    The Bargain Doll
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And I can't tell which your mom is!!! Super ganda! ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here