Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

I was super curious with the doll eyes effect so here's a review of the product after applying to my lashes in 3 coats (because I really wanna see the "Wide Eye Look Volumised, Extended, Lifted Lash look" ;)


Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara
SRP: PHP 1895
Availability: Greenbelt 5 Boutique, Rustan’s Makati, Rustan’s Shangri-La, Rustan’s Alabang, Essences at Powerplant Mall

(+)As the "first fragranced mascara", I really love the concept that my lashes are scented! When you open the tube you can actually smell the flowers already. Moreover, the floral scent is very nice and unique to Lancome! Below is mood board that expresses what I felt when I experience this.
Lancome Hypnose




Navy blouse
$37 - newlook.com



Floral print pants
$10 - tally-weijl.com



Lancôme
neimanmarcus.com



Lancôme
bloomingdales.com



Vintage Tea Rose Botanical Print Pink Sensation Rose, H.T E.G. Hill et...
rubylane.com


(+) I love the ultra-shiny packaging that's similar to the ultra-glossy effect it has!
(+) hybrid cone-shaped brush with unique flexible wand. The nylon bristles also make it very soft and easy to apply to each lash.  
(+) ultra-glossy black finish!

Before applying the mascara, lashes are not black, fixed and long especially the upper lashes.
Because I really love the doll look presented by Lancome, i copied how their eyeshadow color and eye makeup shape as seen here. I also used the Lancome Flat Base Eye Brush with the cute Lancome rose print and the softest brush ever with the shape that helped contour my eyes with the colors which it helped stay in place.
(+) During the initial coat, lashes were already long and black with no clumps. Lancome says that it has exclusively developed FiberShine™ formula, enriched with nylon fibers, which is something that I really love because it loads every lash! Plus, it's easy to apply as it has a wet formula which makes it very easy to retouch and apply more coats.

(+) After 3 coats which can be seen below, lashes were really long, curled, volumized and black - everything that a false doll lash has!
Applying to both eyes.. I got the wide-open eyed look!
(+) Normally, 3 coats would produce clumps that make lash strands sticky and grouped together. But as you can see below, you can still see each hair, just black, long and volumized with minimal clumps! It's like falsies!
(+) I just placed some eyeliner to achieve the total doll eyes look which I really love! The ultra-black and glossy effect just made my eyes look bigger.
(-) It's not waterproof as it very much easily comes off with water and cleansing foam! However, this is not a very important thing for me as I don't swim or catch water in my eyes every time haha 

(+) It's actually more beneficial for me because I get to remove the lashes easily and don't color my under eyes with the tint. The fiber is similar to false lashes that I can easily remove in seconds without traces of black color.

Overall, I love and recommend this product to girls who want the total effect in lashes! If you are type who's a bit challenged in length, volume and shape of lashes, this is the perfect product. Also, if you are like me who just wants fabulous lashes with volume, shine and curl, despite long lashes already, haha, then you'll love this. The price might be high but 1 coat already gives outstanding results so it will last for a long time.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. woah, it gave your lashes that umph! nice!
    http://redberryaha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mikki, I came across your post last Saturday, which made me want to save up and purchase my own Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara. Luckily, I won it as part of the Lancome Beauty Bag prize from our community dinner the day after!! I'm so excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey let me know how it turns out ok? ;)

      Delete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here