Powered by Blogger.

Maybelline Lumineyes


The open eyes look never goes out of style. And this can also be achieved with a wide array of colors, not just black. But when I saw that Maybelline has an "illuminating" eyeshadow, I tried to test it the illuminating open eyes effect!

Maybelline Eye Studio Lumineyes Illuminating Eye Shadow
SRP: P599
Availability: Leading Department Stores, Super markets and Drug Stores nationwide

In my last entry and in my Coral Fever LOTD, we saw and heard that the product illuminates the eyes with color, brilliance, and creamy texture. Let's see!

(+) Clearly, the photos below show the intensity of the color. I used the brush in the palette.
(+) I also like the deviation of the hues. (monochromatic but many)
(+) But more importantly, I love the depth it creates when you mix all 5 colors. When without flash, it's quite blue-violet and I like! The pigments are also not flat.
(+) Illuminating indeed. The shimmer contained in the pigment is intense.

(-) Texture is not so creamy but the white shimmer is - the circular part; so you can use this on top or as a base of the other colors, if you want creamy dramatic effect.
(-) To make the product last on your lids, suggest to wet the eyeshadow brush a little =)
(-) If you are creating an intense smokey, the powder dust is not quite solid so it might be messy. I just suggest you wet the applicator a little so the eyeshadow stays in place. If not, just brush off the excess powder that might settle below your eyes.

Overall, I recommend the product and there is so much we can do with the palette especially when you're doing this for a party or at night! The shimmer and the color will stand out very well. My eyes became wide and lighted and I love the overall look I made. Below are some photos and swatches:
Wine variant without flash
Blue variant with flash. See how the pigments and shimmer are reflected

Now, I'm giving away this new fab product in my next entry! Stay tuned!

No comments