A Fantasy of Flowers

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Because flowers remind me not just of the new season, but also of self-giving and love. If I could have powers in my hands, I would be to spread flowers.



So my LOTD! I got inspired by some colors that are pure, tender, delicate and fresh; textures that are quite illuminating and transparent; and an overall look that is just my fantasy as well - romantic, simple and with a hymn to nature. I am really working on having less makeup on (which is also a trend) and show my skin more.


For this look, I used most of the products released by my favorite brands this spring-summer 2014 - Laura Mercier's Renaissance collection, MAKEUPFOREVER's Arty Blossom palette and MAC's A Fantasy of Flowers which you'll get to know more below. All of them aims a romanticism - a beauty that's singular but captivating.

Eyebrow: MAC Brow Mascara Girl & Boy
Eye Shadow: MAKEUP FOREVER Arty Blossom Palette & Laura Mercier Renaissance Palette
Eye Color (lower): Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Color in Metallic Sunrise
Highlighter: MAC A Fantasy of Flowers Mineralize Skin Finish Perfect Topping
Contour: Stila Bronzing Palette
Lipstick: Laura Mercier Rich Creme Lipstick
Falsies: Red Cherry Lashes
Translucent Powder: NARS Crystal Light Reflecting Powder

The eyes. The look I wanted for this? Fresh, Blossoming and illuminating. I placed a fresh green shadow all over my lids and up to the crease from Arty Blossom palette of MAKEUP FOREVER with highlighting shades on the brow bone from the Laura Mercier palette which I'll review soon! 


When mixed, the pigments still show the skin underneath which I love for this season (except for the lower liner which seemed too thick such that the metallic product caked and formed like gold)
I wanted a natural-looking but full lashes. I recently discovered a good lashes brand from USA called Red Cherry which I got from Digital Traincase at the Super Sale Bazaar.




To put a little bit of drama, I placed a lining on the lower part of my eyes, extending up to the upper par to also lift my eyes and make it more alive. 



For the face, I used a lot of highlighters, illuminating powders and fresh contouring palettes to make my skin look fresh and well, blossoming as well. I used a pastel pink color to keep the look soft and romantic.

The key to in achieving this look? Use illuminating and highlighting pigments and powders with transparent and semi-metallic textures. All the brands I mentioned had that but MAC especially built an entire collection based on this - the name of which I entitled to this blog post.
Available this March 2014 (already at counters!), "magical fantasy emerges glowing with a floral essence. Rose-coloured hues burst from lustrous Lipstick, while a heavenly hybrid of Mineralize Eye Shadows blossoms with natural splendour. Cheeks are kissed with the graceful glow of Mineralize Blush, and vivid pops of colour flourish as Fluidline and Nail Lacquer bring this flowery fantasia to life."Below are my top picks - especially the lipsticks and Mineralize products (I love their highlighters!)


LIPSTICK 
FLEUR D’CORAL pale creamy peach (lustre) 
NAKED BUD neutral sheer nude (lustre) 
DREAMING DAHLIA sheer red-coral (lustre) 
ROSE LILY sheer pastel pink (lustre) 
SNAPDRAGON mid-tone blue pink (lustre) 
HEAVENLY HYBRID mid-tone berry (lustre) 
PHP 1,000 

PIGMENT 
LILY-WHITE pale butter-yellow shimmer 
CHARTREUSE BOUQUET shimmering acid green 
VIOLET vivid bright violet purple 
PINK PEARL shimmery lavender-pink 
PHP 1,300 

FLUIDLINE 
SASSY MOSS vivid green 
PHLOX GARDEN vivid violet 
PHP 1,100 


MINERALIZE SKINFINISH 
PERFECT TOPPING pale pearlized pink 
STEREO ROSE copper bronze 
PHP 1,800 

MINERALIZE BLUSH 
AZALEA IN THE AFTERNOON mid-tone blue pink 
PETAL POWER coral pink with gold shimmer 
PHP 1,500 

NAIL LACQUER 
PEP PEP PEP light peach nude (cream) 
SAINT GERMAIN light cool pink (cream) 
GIRL TROUBLE super glitter pink (frost) 
SOIRÉE sparkly light bronze gold (frost) 
PHP 750 




How do you like my look? Here's some music and video to remind us of flowers (see the part where Katy blossoms with lots of them) and well, of love, that is unconditional, which is also my fantasy.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. unconditionally!!! love this song!

    keep on inspiring mikki.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would've thought that green and gold would go better like peanut butter and jelly? :) Love this look! Been looking for an eye look using green eye shadows. :) Fell in love with the FLEUR D’CORAL lippy. Anything coral is love. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow all i can say is amazing!! i never thought that this two colors looks really good. i have green eyeshadows but i was confused to put it on my eyes. parang wala kasing babagay na ibang ka tandem na kulay. but after seeing this :) will try to re create this look on my self :))) thanks for posting this LOTD im lovin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pink lippy looks so pretty, Mikki!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like a fairy! You did a very great job with the eye makeup. The lashes are so nice. The color combination on this look is so amazing. I would love to recreate this look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo on top of this post is the bomb! Lol. You looked like a flower in bloom :) green eyes and pink lips are soooo pretty. And the falsies complements the look. I wish i know how to recreate that, kahit yun sa eyes lang..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved how you illuminate and highlight your face. Flawless! :) Loved the lips too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I am so inspired to try harder in learning about make-up because of you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here