I Was A Mermaid

Friday, January 04, 2013



“I'm always happy when I'm surrounded by water, I think I'm a Mermaid or I was a mermaid. The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective… it humbles you and makes you feel almost like you’ve been baptized. I feel born again when I get out of the ocean.” - Beyonce

 photo IMG_8890_zpsabbe2456.jpgAnd I always feel the same way. In a few days, I will be going to La Union and I'm thrilled to be under the sun again and to see blue things. I love water, and it is my favorite element in the world.
 photo IMG_8880_zps3335b9b3.jpg

Eye brow: Majolica Majorca Lash & Brow Colorist
Eyeshadow: (green) ZA Cosmetics Impact Full Eyes Gradation in cotton Candy + BYS (purple shimmer) Bobbi Brown Sparkle Powder in Lilac
Eye liner: (blue-green) T.LeClerc Eyeliner Foutre in Jade Green (white) BYS Kohl liner
Falsies: Flutter Flase Eyelashes
Lip Color: MAC Please Me
Lip Gloss: Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss

So I decided to make my eyes inspired by sirens or mermaids - and especially with the contact lenses from @ilusparklecontactlens with its lovely color, print and big size. I used the ocean blue color for the eye shadow and gradated it a bit to reflect its dimension

I used blue and green high-shimmer pigments on the lids and used a more sparkling powder at the top to create a 3D wet effect. As always, don't forget to put white eyeliner, mascara and even falsies to make eyes extra big.
 photo IMG_9202_zpsb54680b1.jpg

And then I placed a jade green eyeliner on top to put a dimension.
 photo IMG_8883_zps71c3906c.jpg

 photo IMG_8884_zpsfbecf9ef.jpg
What do you think of this eye makeup on me?
Well, speaking of Mermaid, Deborah Lippman launched a new collection that is inspired by the ocean as well. I super like it and will share with you next a review!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here