Floral Dust

Monday, February 11, 2013


April is a heavy month for me, but whenever I see flowers, pinks and glitters, everything's becoming so light and dreamy. I got so inspired by Majolica Majorca's latest collection, Secret Blink, mantra of which goes like this:

A whispery song can be heard.
Listen to your heart’s desire.
Once you step into a forbidden place, you are sure not to go back again…and that’s fine.
A secret that nobody knows about except me.
It’s bold and it knows nobounds.
An unforgettable immersion.

Now, I just want that forbidden place, with these glittering dusts on my face ;)
Photo with creative filters
Here are the products I used for this look:
Eyeshadow: Purple and Light Green from Majolica Majorca Little Hummingbird Book, Green / Black on crease and lower eye from Laura Mercier Baked Eye Trio
Mascara: Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Meister
Eyeliner: Catwalk Cosmetics Harajuku Liquid Liner
Face Base: L'Oreal Paris Lucent Magique
Cheek Color: Lancome Blush Subtil Rose (Rose Corail)
Lips: Shiseido Shimmering lipstick in Rouge Irise

I would like to describe this look as very magical and mysterious. The finish is not that metallic, but more shimmery with tones tones of purple and dreamy green from the Majolica Little Humming bird book. Trivia: The Majolica book seems pink when dry but using the black eye base, it gives this purple color and very magical finish!
 I also made sure that all the linings and mascaras are in glossy liquid texture to complete the look
 I also used a good lengthening mascara so as to create a light look on the eyes.
 I like that the shimmer from the eye colors are not too glittery but like dust that has a soft effect.
Reminds me of Final Fantasy!
Hope you liked the look! Will post a tutorial on how you can properly use the Majolica eyeshadow book to achieve this texture and finish (specifically the purple one)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Mikki! I love this look! Never thought green and purple can look so good together without looking too avant garde. What lenses are you using on this post? It looks so natural! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel!!! I'm using Sarabia only hehe. check it out! ;)

      Delete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here