Modern RetroMonday, February 18, 2013
Most eye makeup in the 60's or 70's focused on the CREASE LINE - that lining in the eye that makes your eyes look big. Aside from thick brows, smokey eye shadows, black shadowing on the crease and round eyes deliver that strong but memorable look ;)
Now, I would like to share with you a tutorial and look on a periodic makeup that I think is coming back now. I think I really wanna go back in the past and time travel sometimes so here ;) I saw this on Maybelline's new ad for its gel liner which I reviewed , and will use in this tutorial. So I hope you like it! This is also perfect for those who have chinita eyes want larger pronounced eyes.
|photo with creative filter|
Brows: Majolica Majorca Brow & Lash Colorist + The Benefit BrowZings
Base: L'Oreal Paris Lucent Magique
Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes
Eye liner: Brown (Maybelline 36H Lasting Drama Gel Liner), White Kohl (BYS), Black Kohl (Lancome)
Eye shadow: Majolica Majorca Little Humming Bird Book I
Lips: MAC Candy Yum Yum
|So here's eye makeup look: It made the eye bigger not through a smokey technique but through a lining with a defined shape that make the crease line further hollow and deep.|
How to do this?
1. Use a very light eyeshadow (white, cream, light pink - which I used in this case), to make lide pop out.
2. Mark an area a little above the crease line with an eyeliner to be able to see where you focus on and apply product.
3. Line the crease line. I used a very lasting gel liner here which was ideal to create this look because of the consistency, ease to apply and its brush. At first it might be a little dirty and a defined line cannot be achieve. Don't worry because there's Step 4!
4. Clean and further define the line by erasing some excess using a flat square eye brush containing a foundation or the very light eye shadow.
5. From the end of your eye, connect the crease line. Make sure it's not too far.
|Here's what it looks like! A defined crease!|
6. To further enlarge eye, put white eyeliner inside the lower eye, and black outside and connect to the upper lining. The black liner will extend the outline of the eye, while the white eyeliner will create a false illusion of an extended white base of the eye. Great right? ;)
7. Finally, mascara in the upper and lower lashes!
Done! Bigger defined eyes!! Let's time travel now!!!