Part of Me

Monday, February 11, 2013



Last week, I watched the Katy Perry: Part of Me Movie/Documentary and there was so much that I learned about her and her ideologies that I didn't realize while watching her find her cat in the California Dreams Tour in Manila and even when I listen to her crazy but amazing songs. The shift in the messages of her song, her persona and her life, were all clear but she didn't let things bring her down. Because despite the ironies - singing love songs while that close to a heart break and a divorce, making everyone believe of love in front of a big stage while actually having a hard time dealing with it - and the fact that everything you believe in is not quite true or that it is just a fantasy, everyone's gotta move forward and live intelligently albeit the fantasies that you hold on to.

I was so inspired (because I also have a lot of ironies of my own) that I decided to wear this blue wig that Catwalk Cosmetics gave me and be fantastical while contemplating on my own fantasies - which ill share in my next post! So... More often than not, Katy would appear colorful with bright shadows but thick black liners, falsies and highly pigmented lip colors. So tada!
Eye Liner: Majolica Majorca Jeweling Pencil in Black (lower) and Maybelline Hyper Sharp Eye Liner (upper)
Eye brow: Majolica Majorca Lash and Brow Colorist in Vanilla Brown
Lip Gloss: Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss Neo in PK266
Cheek Color: Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek in Raspberry Macaroon
Lip Color: Shiseido Shimmering Lipstick in Rouge Irise
Bronzer: Palladio
Eye Color: Catwalk Cosmetics Eye shadow & L'Oreal Paris Open Eyes Pro (shimmer)
False Lashes: Shu Uemura Rainbow Falsies
Foundation: Lancome Teint Miracle Liquid Foundation
Mascara: Maybelline the Falsies

You can see below close up photo of the eye color without the falsies! I'm sure you can wear subtle versions of this look (e.g. cat eyes only; or colored-smokey only). However, both are signature Katy looks so I did both!
Of course, the cat eyes is important! Katy really loves cats, her Kitty Purry and this is translated even in her eyes! With cat eyes, I used  Maybelline Hyper Sharp eyeliner on top of the shadow and created a fine line with a tail going upward.  as for the lower eye, I drew a thick line using Majolica Majorca jeweling kohl pencil to make eyes larger - which Katy has!


As for the smokey, I used purple and blue colors from Catwalk and topped the blend with Katy-inspired glitters (from my favorite L'Oreal Paris Open Eyes Pro quad shadow - see below!) extending to the inner eye area.
Of course don't forget the Mascara which appeared like falsies! Thanks Maybelline!
Below is a swatch of the glitter from the L'Oreal Paris Open Eyes Pro eyeshadow with small but with high light-reflecting shimmers! So Katy!
As for the lips, I chose a pink color that also has shimmer - Shiseido shimmering lipstick - with Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss Neo on top =)
With the Shu Uemura  rainbow falsies, see the below look! Do you like the one with or without falsies? ;)
I highly recommend this documentary of a fantasy ;) I was so weird because I was crying with my 3D glasses on! (haha) What did you think of the movie? BTW, stay tuned for Part 2 and 3 of this post with a giveaway!

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. your looks are always so gorg!!!! love eet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your eye shadow. :) You look like Katy Perry! :)

    I'll watch this movie soon as well. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks! you should watch na! super ganda ;) let me knoww

      Delete
  3. I love the look!! Very Katy! :)

    Gem
    http://gemnikkaonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yey! glad i achieved it haha have you watched the movie?

      Delete
  4. Love the look and the makeup! By the way, where did you buy the blue wig? Totally adore it!

    xoxo Raffi ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thansk Rafi! Got it from Catwalk Cosmetics but I heard it's out of stock na haha

      Delete
  5. Oh I love her! Her "Part of Me" movie says so much about her! I love that film. I even cried during the part where she has to perform while her heart is falling into pieces.

    Hope it's not too much to share my own review about the show:
    http://saicyberspace.blogspot.com/2012/08/movie-blog-katy-perry-part-of-me-movie.html

    I love your interpretation of Katy Perry's "Part of Me" :) Love the wig and your lashes! Very Katy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Sai! You were with friends? I was alone! HAHAHHA

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Mikki ^__^


    Michael Macalos
    http://michaelmacalos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANG GANDA MO MIKKI!!! ♥ Forever!

    Arnie Villanueva
    www.arnievillanueva.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U2! F21! (ano raw?) haha See you soon please?

      Delete
  8. this is a GORGEOUS look dear ,
    i love the colors that you used .
    i wish i was as bold as you .

    followed your fabulous blog btw .
    http://brushesandpens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be bold as well with the right techniques ;) let me know if you need help!

      Thanks so much for following! mwah!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! kayang kaya mo yan! ;)

      Delete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here