Powered by Blogger.

MAC Matte

RED! And I'm sure you are quite familiar with the ones from MAC, especially the matte finishes. And since it's Valentine's day, aside from this review, I will also share some tips as I discover some tricks in using these on my VERY dry lips hehe



MAC Matte Lipsticks (Regular)
SRP: PHP 1000
Availability: Rustan's Shangrila, Rustan's Makati, Eastwood, Trinoma, MOA

(+) Consistency is above average
(+) They are indeed matte in finish - although I think Ruby Woo has the most matte finish from all the matte lipsticks and I dunno why. You can even see it from a complete swatch from karlasugar.net
(Top - Bottom), Ruby Woo, Russian Red, Honey Love
(+) Long-lasting especially (reds and darker ones)
(+) No weird smell
(+) One application can color so much so the lippies can stay with you for a long time
(+) As you can see below, the reds (and maybe the darker ones) looked OK on my dry lips, compared to the nude one which caked and revealed the cracks in my lips
Ruby Woo
Martha of the Beauty Junkee's favorite! Russian Red
Honey Love
(-) while nude matte can work on normal-moisturized lips, it won't work on dry lips. Well technically, matte lipsticks are not adviseable for this lip skin type, but if you persist, I suggest you scrub lips first. Because of this, I have to put a nude semi-matte lipstick on top to perfect it.
(-) quite drying especially for me so there might be a need to put a little lip balm before and the tip is to let it dry a bit before applying the lipstick so you don't ruin the final matte look or finish
(-) I hope that MAC can create more matte formulas for their other unique colors too!

Overall, I recommend and will repurchase especially the reds and deep colors because they have very nice coverage, lasting effect and unique colors. It's so hard to find a good matte (and nude!) nowadays! I'm planning to complete the dark shades and reds like So Chaud (red-orange) and Chili so I'll have to update this blog post with more swatches ;)

No comments