Maybelline EyeStudio 36H Lasting Drama Gel Liner

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A full eye make-up (with eyeshadows, glitters ,etc) needs a good liner - one with intense staying color that will not mix with the other pigments. Now, an eye makeup that only uses a liner (simple example is a plan cat eyes) needs to be good also - one that won't smudge or give an eyeshadow effect, and will stay for a long time with a precise definition.

Let's see if this one from Maybelline -  a gel liner - which works perfectly for dry skin types, but also with oily skin types, IF it has good staying power. I have oily skin so let's test it!


Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner 36H in Brown
SRP: 499
Availaibility: Leading Department Stores nationwide

(+) Coverage is full with intense color
(+) Semi-Matte finish with some glitters which makes it middle ground between a glossy liquid liner and a matte kohl/pencil liner
(+) "gel" like because it glides smoothly making a line without a crease, but not really gel in the sense that it will produce that kind of effect.
(+) creamy but dries quickly after application
 (+) the brush allows lines to be drawn from fine to thick. see how I was able to create a tip!
(+) Below is a picture of the line while it was wet, I smudged it using my nails and the main line still was covered with the product.
After scratching with nails, with 1 coat.
(+) then i tested on water, and smudged it but it stayed the same!!
 (+) On a thicker swatch that was already dry, I smudged it heavily using my fingers and it was still there with a thick coverage!!!! very nice!!
Another swatch, before smudging, with 2 coats
After smudging and scratching, product stayed.
On my eyes,
(+) clearly, the cat eyes can be seen with definition and precision.
 (+) despite a glittery and thick shadow, the product stayed with its color, intensity and coverage
(+) perfect for cat eyes with or without shadows!
(+) I tested it for 24 hours and it indeed stayed without smudging and ruining the cat eye effect. It kinda leaves a stain that can't be removed by smudging eyes or touching it.
(+) water-proof and resists to sweat, tears, sebum and water so it's also perfect for oily skin like me!

(-) quite hard to remove. use a oil-based make up remover.
(-) jar and brush may be hard to bring to parties, but it stays for more than 8 hours. I bet wouldn't party for more than that ;)

It passed with flying colors!! Overall, I recommend this for everyone because it worked even on my oily eyelids!! I'm so excited to try and use the black one and for sure, I will repurchase because of its affordable price and the qualities I'm looking for an eyeliner! I will use this for semi-matte eye makeup applications, or maybe even to replace my liquid eyeliner which doesn't stay on my lids because of the oil.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Really good review! Your skin got all read from the scratching and rubbing, what devotion you have, and for that, your readers thank you :D Beautiful cat eye, by the way.

    http://www.maitaatienza.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so touched Maita! Im so impressed by the product and I wanted to really share it in detail so you girls can also seee! mwah!

      Delete
  2. Amazing! It didn't budge at all even with all that water and rubbing. I love the cat eyes effect you did, so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! 'Di ba? I was really impressed to be honest. Didn't expect it at first

      Delete
  3. I want to try this because according to some reviews it dries quickly! XD
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here