Water Mirror

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

After all the flooding, rain and this crazy weather, and everything that bothers us right now,  I just hope that we find peace and serenity at the end of the day.




I saw the below photo in the internet and I was just amazed at the beauty of nature. The type that gives me chills and a wanting to hope for a better life. Where you can see reflections of what the world truly is at its purest. Sometimes we might just need this to figure everything out in our real worlds.

Anyway, I got so inspired by this that I wanted to capture the way water behaves through an LOTD. I am much more in love with this than waves, actually. This entry will also teach how you can achieve a finish that's like a mirror - reflective, shiny and just celestial.

Here are the products used:
Eye brow: Majolica Majorca Brow & Lash Colorist
Eye base: Skin Food Macaron Mini Pact
Eye Shadow: All colors form the Majolica Majorca Little Humming Book 1 & 2
Eye Liner: (upper) Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatique Liner (lower) BYS Khol Eyeliner in White
Falsies: BYS in Firecracker
Translucent Powder: Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder
Base: L'Oreal Paris Lucent Magique
Contour Powder: Bronzer in BYS Complete the Look set
Lips: ZA Cosmetics Plumper Lips +Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss

My focus is the eyes, but I wanted to achieve an overall look that's both pearly and watery. I used cool colors, but mixed it up with little warm tones.

1. Now for the eyes, I made sure that my foundation - I used L'Oreal Paris Lucent Magique which has great illuminating power- reaches my lids to make it bright; but it's not enough.
 2. I finished the base of the eye (and well the whole face) with a translucent powder that's actually highlighting as well. Review of this very soon!!!
Before Applying Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder
After Applying Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder
 3. For extra mirror and pearl effect, I placed Skin Food macaron Mini Pact which has an ultimate pearly finish combined with the base/primer of Majolica Majorca Little Humming Book which has a shimmering gold finish.
 4. And then I mixed all the shimmering but not too glittery pigments in gold, green, pink and blue (for a watery mirror effect) from the Majolica Majorca Little Humming Book 1 & 2 all over the lids. This is key to the look because the particles are reflecting the light should work not in an individual way.
 5. Then I placed more of the blue and pink pigments from the book below a lower lash line and on outer corner, I placed some fine shimmers from the Bobbi Brown Sparkle Powder.
 Then I added falsies, black and white liners.
 As for the lips, I used a translucent and glossy one from ZA cosmetics with a Bobbi Brown High-Shimmer lip gloss in transparent which I'll review soon!
Have a peaceful and serene night everyone!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the tutorial! I love your lashes by the way. They're already long even without the falsies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey thanks! MAscara galore, and I still want longer haha

      Delete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here