Folklore

Thursday, March 07, 2013

"The makeup is bronzed and sun-drenched, warmed by naturally earthy shades. Skin has a healthy radiance of sun-kissed colour. Eyes glow in earthly prisms of gold, copper, and bronze, and are lined in rich blues and greens and accented with long, lush lashes. Lips are softly crayoned in tones of browns and pinks. The look is naturally bronzed, with fiery shades that are perfect for summer days — and nights."

So my inspiration is Laura’s inspiration for 2013 "which draws from the feminine spirit and the many difference expressions of women. For the season, Laura travels to the past to find inspiration for the future. From the cultural influence of south and Central American civilizations, Laura takes these richly textural native cultures and expresses them in an earthy summer palette. Inspired by Aztec influences and fantastical rituals, her colours are reminiscent of ancient symbols and artifacts, textiles and jewelry. Imagine the spirit of earth and fire, infused into an illuminating new mosaic of colour."



Here are the products used: 
Eyebrow: Majolica Majorca Brow & Lash Colorist + The Benefit BrowZings 
Eyeshadow: Laura Mericer Illuminating Eye Color in Earth Glow (brown); Nars Eye Shadow mono in Persia (copper); 
Caviar Stick: (lower color) Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold
Mascara: Bobbi Brown Extreme Party mascara
Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye pencil
Base: Nars
Bronzer/Contouring: Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Powder in Brown 03
Lips: Guerlain Shine Automatique in 200

I started with the base by creating a bronzed face to achieve a sun-kissed look. I followed it with shading the lips which was glossy but had a bright copper shade. Next was the eyes which became the richest point. I also had my hair highlighted on different parts c/o Matrix. The style is called New York which gave a good dimension to the brown color I always have.
photo with creative filter

As always, my focus is the eyes and it's a layer of copper, brown and earth, all on the upper part of the eyes having a matte finish possible through Nars and Laura Mercier which I'll review soon!
 I then surrounded the main color of the eyes with shimmery gold and brown on the lower and uppermost part of the eyes.to contrast and make the eyes pop out, with the deep matte color in between.
 I also intensely shaded my brows in brown.
 I used a matte mascara and lining on the lower part of the eyes to set a little definition and avoid flushing the eye with the fiery colors.

How do you find this look? I started loving warm tones now and I think that even if I'm fair, browns and earthy colors suit my skin tone because of my yellowish undertone, the same goes for this look. Below is Laura's makeup for this look this season:

Model is wearing: Body Bronzing Makeup, Foundation Primer, Moisture Suprême Foundation in Sunny Beige, Secret Camouflage in SC-4, Secret Concealer in #3, Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, Baked Blush Bronze in Ritual, Eye Canvas in EC-3, Illuminating Eye Colour in Sun Glow, Fire Glow and Earth Glow, Crème Eye Liner in Canard, Long Lash Mascara in Bleu, Eye Brow Pencil in Brunette, Lip Crayon in Folklore.


As for the whole collection, I really love this one from Laura this year because the shades are quite intense and comparable to really pigmented brands. I've reviewed the blue eye cream liner here.

Also interesting is Laura Mercier Baked Blush Bronze which is a baked powder with five complimentary shades that give natural colour for cheeks and face. Each tile is hand-mixed with a unique design!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here