White Magic

Thursday, March 07, 2013

It’s a new spirit of enlightenment. Awaken to magical colours—full of brilliance and fantasy. White Magic celebrates inner goodness and bright spirits with illuminating shades that give you true holiday sparkle. Be ench

anted by a look that’s fresh and luminous, with light-diffused pastels for eyes and brilliant high-shine colours for lips. - Laura Mercier

I got so inspired by this makeup look that I tried to create my own using really intense (in terms of shine) pastels on my eyes. I know, and this might be a change for sure from the usual smokey eyes I do in this blog and in reality hehe I don't know but this look reminds me or X-Men's Storm who is my Marvel icon!!
Here are the products used:
Eyebrows: Majolica Majorca Brow & Lash Colorist
Eyeliner: Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatique Liner
Mascara: ZA Killer Volume MAscara
Eye color: Shu Uemura Pressed Eye Shadow in Blue 601
Contour and Highlight: Laura Mercier Baked Matte Radiance
Lip color: MAC Please Me + Laura Mercier Brilliant Glace



As always, my focus is the eyes. I placed an intense blue pastel color all over my upper eye area (extending to the brow bone) but I made it truly high-shine by making the application wet.

 Then on top of this bold shadow, I placed a thick lifting lining which is made perfect by a very precise liner from Majolica Majorca that I'll review soon!
 Of course, mascara and that's it!
It's just simple but I find it very futuristic. I would like to use more colors with this technique, maybe the more pastel ones from the new Laura Mercier White Magic Collection that I'm so excited about!



Makeup by Laura Mercier for Laura Mercier
Model is wearing: Foundation Primer, Oil Free Suprême Foundation in Vanilla Beige, Secret Camouflage in SC-4, Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, Eye Canvas in EC-3, Illuminating Eye Colour in Crystal Fantasy and Opal Fantasy, Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Gunmetal Smoke, Faux Lash Mascara in Black, Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight, Brilliant Glacé in Pink Prism, Nail Lacquer in Angel Wings.

I find these products quite extraordinary from Laura Mercier because of the new and different colors she's been releasing lately. I haven't tried any real high-shine products from her line, but her highlighters are really good so this means that this is worth trying!!



Brilliant Glacé is a sheer lip gloss with translucent colour and brilliant prismatic shine. Non-sticky formula feels lightweight and comfortable on lips. It also has gel-like texture melts onto lips and provides translucent colour with a high-shine finish

The other products are repromote but the new limited are to die for: look at those pastel shadows, lacquers and their designs! There's a limited tightline liner as well (see my IG for a video demo on how to do this lining technique between the lashes) and creme smooth lip colors (1 nude and 1 that's pink)

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour
Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour
Laura Mercier Nail Laquer
What do you think of this holiday collection? This debuts on Rustan's counters this November 2013.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here