MAC Lady Danger & Candy Yum Yum

Saturday, May 12, 2012

When MAC makes a limited edition product a permanent one in the counter, expect me to be there before the mall opens! haha And I did for Candy Yum Yum, and well, when  first heard about Lady Danger. I have reviewed 3 famous matte lipsticks by MAC already but I have to add more by reviewing these two!


MAC Matte Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum and Lady Danger
SRP: PHP 1000
Availability: MAC Trinoma, Eastwood, MOA

(+) As always coverage, consistency and color is very bright.
(+) Color pay-off as always is above average; pigment is really intense!
Swatch of MAC Matte Lady Danger (with flash)
 (+) Texture is true to its claim, matte, but I actually found a same color by Nars but with a MORE matte velvet texture. I realized this a day right after buying this lipstick!Will create a detailed review of this Nars but what I like about MAC is the ease of application because of its less matte texture.
MAC Lady Danger (left) vs. NARS Matte Velvet Lip pencil
 (+) On lips, full coverage, covering dry lips!
Swatch of MAC Matte Lady Danger 2 coats (with flash)
(+) Both colors are nice - Lady Danger, a bright red orange (especially at day; while quite red at night) while Candy Yum Yum is a really bright pink!
(+) Probably with a change in formulation, Lady Danger and Candy Yum Yum as seen below didn't dry my lips too much compared to the reds and nudes (matte) as I reviewed before
(+) Build-able coverage too that's easier to do than the super matte reds like Russian Red
Swatch of MAC Matte Candy Yum Yum 1 coat (with flash)
Swatch of MAC Matte Candy Yum Yum 2 coats (with flash)
(+) Of course, staying power is above average because of the level of pigments.

Overall, I love my new matte's and I would recommend the products because of the MAC quality, and especially, the products' less drying effect than the usual MAC matte's. I would repurchase Candy Yum Yum again but I'm considering NARS Matte Velvet after Lady Danger. What do you think?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Mikki! Your lips look so juicy! Haha :D I love Lady Danger on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks hehe see you soon Helen!!

      Delete
  2. I love the Lady Danger shade. I think I will always be a fan of red lipstick particularly the matte one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh! My fav and it's bordering on obsession . Love MAC matte's

      Delete
  3. I love Candy Yum yum! Both lippies look pretty on your lips. I love how you apply it and the shape of your lips <3 thanks for the review. I'll be purchasing one next week, but online :D

    ReplyDelete

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here