Powered by Blogger.

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Bronzing Powder


I love contouring, especially because I have healthy (err chubby) cheeks and a very manly face structure. But one should be very careful with making it look like punched-in-the-face or pageant-looking with intense colors (I learned this the hard way haha). Some resort to bronzing powders, darker hues of foundation, or shimmery brown eyeshadows which might just defeat the purpose because as I've mentioned in the matte theory, contouring should make the face hollow by absorbing light which glittery pigments won't achieve. And now, I think I have THE solution.

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder (permanent)
SRP: PHP 1650 
Availability: Rustan's Department Stores


Now this has been really a favorite of mine since I got it last summer. You can even check my LOTD credits. ;)

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 03 (bronze shade; permanent)
Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder is defined as an ultra-smooth baked face powder that provides natural colour with soft matte radiance to skin for a “bonne mine” healthy glow. 

(+) Now this set has both bronze shades that give skin a soft matte finish and a hint of warmth and highlight shade that give skin subtle sheen and natural luminosity. I prefer using both on different areas of the face to make it look better. I only got Bronze 3 though which I think is the safest shade among the different intensities.


Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powders

Swatch of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 03 - 2 coats, with flash
(+) Bronze 3 on skin, I love that it has a modern, multidimensional matte finish with a hint of soft luminosity. It's not too hard on the skin and you can still see through. Not too shimmery, not too dry.
(+) It is indeed matte compared to other bronzers that I have. Laura is in the middle below.
 
(+) The color is the brown that suits my skin tone - a middle/neutral tone, with a yellowish under tone. 
(+) Non-dusty - pure color; non-drying formula
(+) Coverage and color payoff is good - it's true to the color and consistency is above average as it provides very even application.
(+) With just one coat, it wakes up” the skin, providing natural colour with a radiant, healthy glow for a flawless, no-makeup look as you can see in my sister's face.
Swatch of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 03 - 1 coat, with flash
(+) What I love the most is the sheer, buildable coverage that lets you customize your glow with building up possible. You can achieve a very contoured face without looking fake.
Swatch of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 03 - 2 coats, with flash
(+) Now despite the matte texture, it can be applied smoothly onto skin and blends effortlessly for a natural look and feel. It has a smooth, silky, velvety texture feels comfortable on skin
(+) Ultra lightweight formula, feels weightless on skin
Swatch of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 03 - 2 coats, with flash
Here's a photo of my sister contoured in different areas.
Swatch of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 03 - 2 coats, with flash
(+) Dermatologist tested, fragrance-free, Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive
(+) I love that it has Vitamin and Jojoba Ol for moisture and spherical Powders that allow for increased comfort and blendability
(+) I love that the packaging won't allow the product to crack or loose. It's quite compact even when it's about to be finished.
(+) product is worth the value for money because as for me, I use contour powders everyday and I have been using this product for 5 months already and counting.

(-) Only thing I would comment on is the lasting power. It doesn't stay for about exactly 8 hours, but enough probably for 4 hours. Nonetheless, this is just acceptable with one retouching that gives you an excellent finish and final effect.
Laura’s techniques for the bronze shades is this: Using the Bronzer Brush, lightly tap on top of domed bronzer, making sure to cover all edges of brush with product. Tap off excess product. Using the tapered head of the brush, apply to areas where the sun naturally hits, like cheeks, nose, brow bone, forehead and chin, creating a natural “sun-kissed” look.

Overall, gosh, I think I have found the perfect product for contouring my face with an effect that I've been looking for ever since I started doing makeup. All qualities - price, THE QUALITY, packaging and everything about it is just to die for. This is one contour powder that I think can finally compete with NARS. I would definitely repurchase and recommend to everyone.

No comments