PAC Eyeshadows

Thursday, May 10, 2012

I met PAC when I was in high school, when I couldn't afford MAC products yet and what had always remained in my mind was its professional quality. Now, it's coming back with new launches that are exciting for makeup artists and users of professional and regular makeup, respectively. One way to test that is of course, through the pigments.


PAC Pressed Eyeshadow
SRP:
Availability: Leading Department Stores

(+) The pressed eye shadow palette are available in two-types so there could variety in finish: pearly and matte.
(+) I love the convenience it gives especially if you are a makeup artist, because it can be refilled through the individual mono shadows that can be purchased. I tested one refill that's part of the pearly set and below is a review

(+) The one I got has a neutral reddish orange color that's quite interesting in uniqueness
(+) Especially that it has a very striking pearly finish that's not too shimmery and can be completely wearable everyday.
Swatch of PAC Pearly Eyeshadow in P10- 2 coats, with flash




(+) On eyes, the eye shadow seems to have a brightening effect with a just right level of shine.
(+) I love the consistency and coverage that is comparable to really expensive brands of colors
Swatch of PAC Pearly Eyeshadow in P10- 2 coats, with flash
(+) I also like that it gives a dimension, it doesn't give a flat finish or overly done pearly eyes especially when at night
(+) Long-lasting and water-proof too with a comfortable wear and a smooth application
(+) Not too powdery as well which is a great indication of a professional makeup.
Swatch of PAC Pearly Eyeshadow in P10- 2 coats, with flash
(-) For regular makeup users, this might not be convenient since the palette is quite big and the refills are not in cases.

I also found another pigment which comes in the below pack, perfect for professionals. PAC also offers powder eyeshadows that can be stacked and collected specifically for makeup artists.I love that it can be bought in stacks or singles. I got a single blue color.




PAC Powder Eyeshadows
SRP:
Availability: Leading Department Stores

(-) One swipe using a brush won't give the full effect that's really amazing as you can see in the second photo below.
Swatch of PAC Powder Eyeshadow  - 1 coat, with flash
(+) With 2 coats using fingers (which is the best way I think to apply this shadow), you get full consistency, coverage and a finish that really shows the brightness, shine and color
(+) I am amazed when I saw the below because I think I haven't seen such bright color and outstanding finish that's full
Swatch of PAC Powder Eyeshadow  - 2 coats, with flash




(+/-) The texture is soft, and is easy to apply and mix, though it gets a bit messy since the powder is quite loose. On eyes with 1 coat, the color and overall effect is just OK

Swatch of PAC Powder Eyeshadow  - 1 coat, with flash
 (+) But when doubled, it shows its magnificent ability to color the eyes extremely with a great glamorous finish that doesn't look cheap or ordinary. It doesn't feel too heavy as well.
Swatch of PAC Powder Eyeshadow  - 2 coats, with flash
Swatch of PAC Powder Eyeshadow  - 2 coats, with flash
(-) Only thing I would comment on is its lasting power, IF a full 2-coat finish as seen above is desired. Needs retouching to be able to achieve this, so what I do, I wet the shadow to get the level of pigment that I want.

Overall, I like the professional quality of PAC pigments, and with its department store price, it can be perfect for anyone, but especially for artists because most of the above are not convenient in the sense of packaging. Nonetheless, PAC also addresses this with quad eyeshadows, plus the fact that it has a mix of trendy and fashionable shades.
PAC Color Festival Eyeshadows

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here