RiRi Hearts MAC

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I told myself that I will never buy a lipstick again because I wanted to invest on other beauty stuff but here I go again with my addiction! 




MAC RiRi Hearts Fall-Winter Lipsticks
SRP: PHP 1100
Availability: MAC Counters (Trinoma, Glorietta, Eastwood, Megamall - newly opened!)

I visited MAC counter when the Rihanna-MAC Holiday collection was launched last December 5. Of course, I start with the lippies!
Swatch of MAC RiRi Hearts Fall-Winter Lipsticks - 2 coats, with flash. 
(+) There are 3 SKU's in this launch. Of course, RiRi Woo is a staple, with a retro matte finish. But the new ones as you can be above, Bad Gal Riri and Pleasure Bomb, have matte finishes which I think is quite good to give us more options in this aspect =)
(+/-) The texture, finish and consistency are consistent across the lipstick launches. Read more here
(+) But since the two new products are matte, it has a less dry formula and texture which is perfect for the holidays. 
Swatch of MAC RiRi Hearts Pleasure Bomb (Matte) - 2 coats, with flash
(+) However, more than above, the color is exquisite for both thus worth it to be in the limited edition set. Pleasure Bomb is like Girl About Town, with a cool under tone and less intense fuchsia colour (and neon effect). While Bad Gal RiRi is a neutral taupe color that's wearable with a warm brown-red hue. 
(+) What I like about these new lippies are that they're wearable for the season, and for any outfit. Not too intense or dramatic.
MAC Pleasure Bomb press sample from MAC and Bad Gal RiRi that I bought from Trinoma
(+) Last but not the least, who wouldn't notice the rose gold color in the packaging of these? I think it's the best in all the RiRi launches!

So I also checked the other items in the collection. Top pick is lipstick. But also, I can recommend the nail polish which I really adore because that RiRi Woo color is so unique and intense. Next is the bronzer, eyeshadow and eyeliner in that order! Let's take a look!
MAC RiRi Hearts MAC Holiday collection in Trinoma Philippines
MAC Veluxe PearlFusuon Eyeshadow in 2X DARE
(+/-) What I really like about this eye shadow is the high-shine finish it gives. While the colors are not so unique, the combination of them all spells Rihanna really. I can see this colour set on her eyes and wardrobe!
(+/-) Consistency and texture are good, though the glittery one in the middle falls off through time. Nonetheless, the less glittery colors give good pay off and overall pearl feeling and finish. There's another palette called Phresh Out (I like this song!) with a more gold-yellow set of neutral hues.
MAC Veluxe PearlFusuon Eyeshadow in 2X DARE - 2 coats, with flash


(+) Now the eyeliners are unique. With a frost, high-shine and glittery finish combined in one, this eye liner (in rose gold and white) can be placed on top of anything to provide luxurious contrast and detail.
Swatch of MAC Super Slick Eyeliner - 2 coats, with flash

(+) Now on my wish list is the Bronzing Powder. I still have a lot but if given the chance, I would buy this as well. It's neither too shimmery/glittery nor matte, which makes it good as both bronzing and contouring powder with a soft brown-gold tones.
Swatch of MAC Bronzing Powder LOVE RIHANNA - 2 coats, with flash

MAC Trinoma

The nice and accommodating counter manager and artists of MAC Cosmetics Trinoma. I usually buy here because I live in the North and the level of service isn't compromised even if it is a pop-up store. 
Whenever there's a limited edition, I usually call the store first to check on their availability (because they phase out so fast!) For trinoma, it's 6234725 and don't be shy to approach your MAC Makeup Advisor!
Overall, I like the Fall-Winter Collection. It's less intense and bold in color choices than the summer one but this one is more luxurious with its wearable finishes and texture. What do you think?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here