Powered by Blogger.

MAC Viva Glam


Viva Glam - In my last post, you would know why these MAC lipsticks aren't just lipsticks. I noticed a comment in my last gift guide that you buy lipsticks because they are beautiful. But then the good thing about the items I mentioned there, including below, is that they are both - they're beautiful and they're good (for their causes). Let's review, focusing on the latest, MAC Viva Glam 1, The Original.

CONSISTENCY 5/5
PIGMENTATION 5/5
APPLICATION 4.5/5
TEXTURE 5/5
OVERALL 5/5


MAC Viva Glam 1 
SRP: PHP 1000 (lipstick); PHP 950 (lipglass)
Availability: MAC Counters (e.g. Trinoma, Eastwood, Rustan's Shangrila, Glorietta)
Click below to read more!


(+) The Viva Glam 1 is not a new addition to the family, but the lip glass is. However, Viva Glam 1 is the most unique amongst the line because of its matte texture.
Swatches of MAC Viva Glam lipsticks 1,2,3,4,5,6 - with flash, 2 coats
(+) The finishes, colors and textures of the Viva Glam lipsticks differs but the common denominator is their main hue - red. However, Viva Glam 1 is an intense brownish blue-red which is a fabulous red that's wearable and not too bright and cool like RiRi Woo or too real red as Russian Red. This goes as my top Viva Glam lipstick and one of the best reds from the brand.
Swatch of MAC Viva Glam 1 lipstick - 2 coats, with flash
(+) I also have the Viva Glam 2 which is their most nude from the line. It has a satin finish with a pinkish warm undertone. It might flush out face when not worn properly, but this can be wearable by women who wants to wear intense eye makeup.
Swatch of MAC Viva Glam 2 lipstick - 2 coats, with flash
(+) These lipsticks have the same high qualities and color pay-off that MAC always gives to its products
(+) Including the lip glass. While there are 6 lipsticks, lip glosses from the Viva Glam line are only 3 based on my last counter visit. Of course, my favorite still is Viva Glam 1 Lip Glass because of the aforementioned unique color. I will review separately lip glasses by MACbut you can see below how it has a good colour pay-off and quality of shimmers and shine.
Swatch of MAC Viva Glam 1 & 3 Lipglass - 2 coats, with flash 

Overall, I adore the Viva Glam products because of the consistent qualities. I also like that most MAC collaborations - Cyndi, Nicki, Gaga - fall under this range and most of them are really unique and nice. Aside from the limited Viva Glam Nicki 1, My favorite is MAC Viva Glam 1 by RuPaul  and it's one the most beautiful reds I've ever seen.

How many Viva Glam's do you have? Below are mine.

2 comments

  1. I always remember you when I see mac viva glam lipsticks! seeing your collection during your makeup party last year was amazing! thanks for this review. really eyeing on rihanna's viva glam lipstick :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the MAC Viva Glam 1 lipstick! It looks good on you and I love it...

    ReplyDelete