My Season Hues

Monday, October 06, 2014


Fall/Winter, or simply Holiday, is when I could wear the shades I truly love. Brands will promote and others would wear the darkest plums, blacks or fuchsia but I love sticking to the colors that fit me, and only slightly adjusting the intensity. Now with lips where I would place color emphasis next to my eyes, I have my reds, oranges and metallics lippies in my bag!

VIEW MORE BELOW

Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review
My Lipsticks for Fall/Winter 2014

I have a few favorites that I keep on repeating yearly: MAC Viva Glam 1 which really suits me, one dark plum with a warm tone from the Bobbi Brown creamy matte line, MAC Rihanna in Pleasure Bomb, a warm pink that I is one of the rarest pink I can wear, PAC which has nice warm undertones from their pigmented lippes and metallics/frost warm tones from T.LeClerc and Laura Mercier lipsticks (swatches below). Versus last year where I would wear the most matte of all, I am considering metallics which could make my lips more volumized.

Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review
Swatch of my Fall/Winter Lippies picks - 2 coats, with flash

Among the new lippies, Guerlain has a nice red (while cool), that suits my lips. I also like Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer which has a high level of pigment and texture while caring for the lip which is also important with this season (more swatches here). Super happy that you now can find these products at Sephora Philippines! YAY

Moreover, there are interesting shades from some brands' new collections that I like. One of which is NARS Mandore from the Satin Lip line.

Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review Nars
NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Mandore*
SRP: PHP 1200 approx
Availability: Rustan's The Beauty Source

I saw this pencil 2 years ago and I am loving it really especially now where I've learned to use pencils on my lips. The texture is so soft and light, with of course, huge amount of pigments without compromising comfort. It will appear darker on low light but you can see the deep brown red present. But more than that, this red is for me! The warm under tone fits my color theory. 
Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review
Swatch of NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Mandore - 2 coats, with flash, Iris blur to focus on lips
Now with berry shades, Inglot has a new collection that showcases a lot of those colors. I love berries, and berry hues, but unfortunately, they don't suit my lips so I had to be super selective. And below is my color.
Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review Inglot
Inglot Lipstick in 297*
SRP: PHP 700 approx
Availability: INGLOT Glorietta
Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review Inglot
Swatch of Inglot Lipstick in 297 - 2 coats, with flash, Iris blur to focus on lips
The finish is semi-matte and the texture is just fine - satin -  but the color!! Again, you can see the warm undertone and oh, it smells like berries!

Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review Happy Skin
New Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lippies
SRP: PHP 700+
Availability: Rustan's, Plains & Prints, Beauty Bar
Speaking of berries and sweet things, Happy Skin recently launched 3 new colors (red, berry plum and neutral/mocha) for its popular line of lippies with great warm tones.  As always, Happy Skin lippies never disappoint and my favorite is 

Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review
Swatch of Happy Skin Holiday 2014 Shut Up & Kiss Me - 1 coats with flash and Iris blur to focus on center
Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review
Swatch of Happy Skin in Naughty & Nice - 1 coats with flash and Iris blur to focus on center
Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review
Swatch of Happy Skin in Under the Sheets - 1 coats with flash and Iris blur to focus on center
Best lipsticks fall winter holiday swatch review
Swatch of Happy Skin in Mistletoe Red- 1 coats with flash and Iris blur to focus on center
How about you? what are your fav's this season?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here