Instant Artistry II

Wednesday, November 05, 2014


Earlier, I attended the second installment of the MAC Instant Artistry, the goal of which is to teach makeup in minutes. Last time, I learned a lot about Sculpted lips (that I even applied it to my own tutorial!) and this time, since I've been tired of doing smokey eyes, I wanted to be more creative AND faster than I already am (something I can do in the cab or the car as I always do!) when amping up my eyes ;)

What I really like about this activation (which will happen until tomorrow at SM Mega Fashion Hall) is how it further explains and lets you practise the videos that MAC promotes in its social media channels.  After all, artistry is skill, and to be able to do it quickly and still professionally takes time and repetition to be able to combine both. Below are my specific learnings from the event, focusing on easy day-night eyes!


VIEW MORE BELOW


MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall

MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes



MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes

MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes

MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes

MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes

The key product used is the Smolder Eye Kohl which is a very flexible product that can let you line, define or even shade the eyes. The one used in the video is black - which I'll review soon - but I like how my artist, Dar (from the previous MAC Technique workshop) selected a really flattering shade of this product for me.

Before the makeover, I didn't put anything on my eyes, except concealer.
MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes day to night eye makeup
Artist started to line my eyes on the upper part and blended it very well using the 239 Eye Shader. The left eye is the demo of how you can use the liner for the day (either upper or inner lower), and the right is how you can amp it up - by making the eyes fuller (and maybe even messier!) and blending and smoldering it more!
MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes day to night eye makeup eye liner kohl smolder
Swatch of the MAC Smolder Eye Kohl Pencil - 2 coats, with flash and Iris blur to focus on center
MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes day to night eye makeup eye liner kohl smolder swatch review
Of course, falsies and mascara (latter can be applied under it to make it even open and fuller) for more drama


MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes day to night eye makeup eye liner kohl smolder swatch review
After the MAC Instant Artistry Day-Night Eyes










MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes day to night eye makeup eye liner kohl smolder swatch review

I am in love with this shade! Crazy, even! It's been a long time since I wore this color especially in a very dimensional finish - it's like sea green with gold hint - but I think I'll wear this more this season!


MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes day to night eye makeup eye liner kohl smolder swatch review

MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall makeup in minutes day to night eye makeup eye liner kohl smolder swatch review

But also, I really like how fast and creative the technique is, especially with the presence of these kinds of flexible liners or sticks in the market. But also realizing that the eyes doesn't have to be too perfect, layered and well contoured!

MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall


MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall


MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall


MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall





MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall

MAC Instant Artistry Philippines Sm megamall

Have you tried any of the signature MAC techniques and products and tried them by yourselves?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here