Yellow Diamonds, Bright Crystals

Tuesday, December 30, 2014


My good friend asked me before: "If ever you will be a scent, what will it be and why". It was such a difficult question to answer given that I love perfumes, but I told her that I'd be a Floral, fruity scent. There are a lot of brands under that olfactive family but there's just this ultimate fragrance that I just discovered last October: Versace. And realized why did I you just appear in my life this time?

But while I may not be VS-sexy like Candice, i like how bright yet powerful, intense, and too-giving the scent is and I like to be seen as that. It all started with Yellow Diamond, which my cousin-in-law Shari kept on branding as my scent (Hi Shari!!), but Bright Crystal and its more intense version, Absolu, might be even be better as mine.

VIEW MORE BELOW

Best fragrances fruity floral Versace Bright Crystal Absolu
Candice Swanepoel
I bought my first Versace perfume during my birthday, after the blog relaunch. I was searching for a new scent in SM Store (and that is how I inspire myself really!!) and found this very attractive diamond, Yellow Diamond. I have been using it day and night since then and I noticed how it fits my skin, and my how I want to become in the next months, full of energy, bright, and luxurious. But more than that, it has pleased my senses so far since I really like floral fruity fragrances, with a good balance of intensity and freshness. 

Best fragrances fruity floral Versace Yellow Diamond
Versace Yellow Diamond EDT
SRP: PHP 4000+
Place Bought: The SM Store
Availability: Leading Department Stores

"Like a burst of light, the fragrance gleams and glistens as it opens with notes of bright citron, a fresh pear sorbet, sparkling bergamot, and an accent of neroli. As its heart emerges, the rare elegance of orange blossom shines through the light of freesia and mimosa with the natural transparency of nymphea. The lingering base notes add a fascinating sense of sensuality with ambery woods, the sunny and vibrant character of palo santo wood, and the refined presence of musk." - Sephora


Best fragrances fruity floral Versace Bright Crystal Absolu
Versace Yellow Diamond EDT
SRP: PHP 4000+
Place Bought: Online
Availability: Leading Department Stores

Then I saw Bright Crystal Absolu at the SM Store Fragrance Fest. I didn't know there this another kind of crystal by Versace but I got a 5ml tester of this from the event, and tested it on my skin for a few days. 

Best fragrances fruity floral Versace Bright Crystal Absolu

With pomegranate as the top note, I was really attracted to it. It was more fruity than Yellow Diamond which i like. But also, I really specifically love pomegranate (name it: the juices, body washes, lip balms) because of its quite citrus yet not too sweet scent.


Best fragrances fruity floral Versace Bright Crystal Absolu



Best fragrances fruity floral Versace Bright Crystal Absolu

But what I also liked more is that it's more intense in sensuality (yet still fresh) than Yellow Diamond because the former is an EDP. With "heart enriched with the inviting and velvety accents of raspberry, accented by the elegance of peony along with the refined notes of magnolia and lotus flowers", it then becomes a solid fruity floral scent . "Then a trail evokes an intense and voluptuous sensuality, with precious vegetal amber, deep acajou wood and bright and vibrant musk" 



The packaging of both Yellow Diamond and Bright Crystal are precious, as well. The jewel cap, transparent bottle, essential lines, faceted and bright impression - all these communicate a Versace glamour that speaks sensuality, intensity, vividness and transparency.


BRIGHT CRYSTAL ABSOLU IS THE ABSOLUTE OF EVERYTHING, INTENSE, VIBRANT, SENSUAL AND GLAMOROUS. THE PACKAGING HAS THE ABSOLUTE ELEGANCE AND LUXURY OF THE MOST VIVID CRYSTAL. MOST OF ALL, BRIGHT CRYSTAL ABSOLU IS ABSOLUTELY VERSACE” - DONATELLA VERSACE


These are among the two fragrances of Versace made for women (I've tried the one for men from my Dad and is lovely as well) and I'm really loving them so far. I think that I would stick to both for a few months and feel these elegant crystals and diamonds in a bottle. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Watch Me In Videos

Whats Trending

Advertise Here