BEYOND BEAUTY


Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Reunited With The Flawless

When I was in high school, and all I knew was the smoky eyes, I bought my first makeup book and it was Laura Mercier's. I wasn't aware yet of her great talent as makeup artist and beauty maverick but that book actually pushed me to pursue careers in cosmetics because I was really inspired by her philosophy, professional life and her signature technique - The Flawless - a simple, clean and transformed look . From the book, "The New Beauty Secrets", she said that any reader can consider her as mentor after reading everything and I was so lucky to complete it!


Because for her, beauty is so much deeper than lipstick and powder and I very much agree! "It comes from a little door that opens our minds and helps us celebrate our differences and find pride in our uniqueness" Her ways of doing make-up are very much aligned with this because as you can see below from the book, she has various make-up techniques to different eyes, lip shapes, colors because after all, we are all different!

So when Laura Mercier cosmetics invited me to their holiday launch, didn't think twice! I would love being reunited (after all the makeup brands I've met) and I really owe a lot to her and to her book! And sure it was a very fulfilling and as always, insightful event from Laura.
Used a statement color on the lips! Love the total look! Reds and warm colors go well together!
It was a fun afternoon with friends and artists! After the workshop roamed around and tested Laura's newest products which you'll see later!
beuaty bloggers Earth, Marj, Angel and Martha!
Hi Paul and Alyssa!
Lissa and Angel!
Ana who took great pictures of the event (I grabbed some haha), Sarah Tirona, Bec San Diego and Paul!
The Laura Mercier - Rustan's Team! (Kwa is so kulit and cute!!)
Yummy from East Cafe!
Was looking at this while eating! It's Laura's version of the Naked palette but this limited edition features a dozen of Laura's hand- selected Eye Colours, in both shimmer and matte finishes.
Laura's newest lip color collection which I've featured here!
Just through this photo, you can see the intense color and creamy texture! Review soon!
more new products and lines from Laura!
My top picks: Smoky Effects Mini Kohl Eye Liners in fab colors (upper right), Petite Baked Eye Colour Trio- Wet/Dry (lower left) and the Color-to-go portable paletted for cheeks, lips and eyes (second to the left)! Reviews soon also!
Of course, the newest Art Deco Muse collection! I love the reds and golds here!
Base! I really Laura's concealers and foundations! This is the new The Flawless Face Book, a palette featuring four of Laura Mercier's best- selling complexion products namely Tinted Moisturizer Compact, Mineral Pressed Powder, Secret Concealer, and Secret Camouflage! I really neeed to buy this one!
A first from Laura: Bath & Body collection! I've read from her biography that she's really into scents and shower products so this was not a surprise! I smelled the cremes, candles, perfumes and the gels and oh, the scents are very unique like there's Coconut, Pistachio, etc!!!! WOW!!
I tested the Petite Baked Eye Color on Ana and it was super nice! The color and shimmers are good! Perfect also with the nude lipstick we tested from the Creme Smooth collection!
Can't to review and use these for my LOTD's. Thanks Laura Mercier for inviting me and it was pleasure being reunited with yo. And oh, you should visit Rustan's Shangri-la to get free foundation primer (until supplies last) #lauramercierflawlesshitsmanila ;)

3 comments

  1. Looks like a great event Mikki! :)
    Good for you to go to one of your fave brands since years back. :)

    Have you joined my 1st Blog giveaway? (^_^)
    Go and support and join me here!
    #ChaiChenGiveaways (International)
    Chai's December Birthday Bash - 1st Giveaway! <--click this!
    Win shoes, clothing, and accessories worth around $88 from Asianvogue Shop, FlauntPH, and Bedazzle Accessories!

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahhh~ coool. hope i can visit shang tom~ :P how do i get to have the free foundation primer? :D hihi thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura Mercier – simple stunning PERIOD! :)

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete


BEYOND BEAUTY