BEYOND BEAUTY


Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Orange is the New Black


Ever since I bought the MAC Morange and Sounds Like Noise lipsticks a year ago, I've been interested in this shade. Whether with a plain eye makeup or a full on smokey eye, orange has become my go-to color and for me, is the new classic/staple. Now, I added more to my collection and below are my reviews!


VIEW MORE BELOW


Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review MAC Inglot MAKE UP FOR EVER


Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review MAC Inglot MAKE UP FOR EVER
Swatches of my Orange Lipsticks. Photographed with 2 layers of lipsticks and with flash.
Since my last orange post, I added 7 more different kinds of this hue to my lip color collection. I love my Sunset Kiss and MAT 3 from Happy Skin and Maybelline, respectively with unique orange shades. And while for me, Sounds Like Noise (a limited collection feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore) has still the truest orange - meaning, it is not red or pinkish - I've found beauty and use for different shades or sub tones of oranges (and textures as well!). Above is a arm swatch of all my current orange lippies.

Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review NARS Audacious Catherine

Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review NARS Audacious Catherine
Swatch of NARS Audacious in Catherine. Priced at PHP 1650. Bought at Rustan's Shangri-La. Available at Rustan's The Beauty Source.
Photographed 2 layers of the product, with flash, and Iris blur to focus on center

Let's start with my latest purchase and addition to the NARS Audacious line, Catherine. It's a muted kind of an orange-coral shade that goes well with smokey eyes. It has a semi-matte finish and the high quality is just proven every time I apply it - high color payoff, high moisture, high comfort. Although it's actually pricey than the usual P1000 that I spend on lipsticks, I go for this whenever I feel my lips need luxury. 



Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review MAC So Chaud Lipstick

Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review MAC So Chaud Lipstick
Swatch of MAC Matte Lipstick in So Chaud. Priced at PHP 1000. Bought online. Not available in Philippines.
Photographed 2 layers of the product, with flash, and Iris blur to focus on center


Now let's discuss one of my great finds in the MAC store that is not available in Philippines, So Chaud. Lately, I've been interested in "Pro" lippies that are slowly being made available locally like Please Me and Candy Yum Yum because they're all unique based on my experience. So Chaud is actually in between Morange and Lady Danger, in terms of itensity with an more warm mid-orange color. It will appear like a lighter version of Lady Danger at night, but will seem like a muted version of Morange at day, with a good matte finish. And as always, MAC lippies never disappoint at that aspect.

Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review Inglot Matte Lipstick 501

Swatch of Inglot Matte Lipstick in 501. Priced at PHP approx 750. Got as a gift*. Available at Inglot Mega Mall and Glorietta 4.
Photographed 2 layers of the product, with flash, and Iris blur to focus on center

With a more matte finish is the new Inglot shade that I got from the #MegaInglot opening a few weeks ago. I've tried some semi-matte oranges from the brand last year (as you can see the ones in my palette above), but I've never seen a true orange like 501 and the one I wore in the event post. Moreover, while versus the creamy, highly pigmented and consistent versions of the creamy Inglot lipsticks, this one is quite dry and hard so it's harder to apply and blend but I really like how its even more matte than the most matte of all. There has to be a nice base/primer/moist under this product but the overall effect is nice with its true texture, finish and color.


Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense 52

Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense 52
Swatch of MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in 52. Priced at PHP 1100 approx . Got as a gift*. Available at MAKE UP FOR EVER Mega Mall Fashion Hall and MOA.
Photographed 2 layers of the product, with flash, and Iris blur to focus on center
I recently found love in MAKE UP FOR EVER lipsticks because they are one of the most pigmented/saturated in the semi-matte category. Rouge Artist Intense is said to be 50% more pigment than traditional lipstick and based on the swatches, I definitely agree as it fares with the best pigmented brands in the market that I've tried. It's true to its color and not drying as well with great hue payoff. The orange color that I got is quite similar to the MAC So Chaud above with an orangey-red color. Excited to try more colors and textures from this line!

Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review MAC Brooke Shields Excite

Best Orange Lipsticks swatches product review MAC Brooke Shields Excite
Swatch of MAC Creme Sheen Lipstick in Excite (Limited Edition Brooke Shields Collection). Priced at PHP 1000. Bought at MAC East Wood. Limited Edition Only.
Photographed 2 layers of the product, with flash, and Iris blur to focus on center
Now the last orange is from a limited edition collection a few months ago. It's a nice texturized cool pinkish orange color that's bright and pretty especially for summer. The Creme Sheen texture with still a high level of saturation is a unique addition to my orange lippies collection, and to my MAC lippies wardrobe.

How about you? What are your orange lipstick shades in your collection?


No comments


BEYOND BEAUTY